Completing the TEMPORAL EXPRESSION tasks, I ran into three major difficulties:
Finding the right motive. I did not only had to find motives that fit the given theme CIRCLE, but also ones, I could capture, using long exposure, short exposure and the method of a joiner image. It was not easy to achieve that and sometimes, I had to try more motives than I would have liked.
Research. I could not just go out and take the photos. For this task, research was a really important part and I do not think that I would have had accomplished anything without the amount of research, I did. I had to gain information about how to set cameras and what cameras to use in the first place, what the tasks were and what other people did.
The camera. For two of the tasks, I used my smartphone camera and even though I was happy with the result, I think I could have achieved something better, if I would have used a proper camera. After I realized that, I completed part two using a friend’s camera and the results were amazing, compared to what I would have ended up with using my smartphone. To demonstrate the immense difference, in the following, I will show two photos of light painting. The first one was taken with my smartphone, the second one with my friend’s digital SLR.