Another Design

After all, my colour scheme did not satisfy me as much as I hoped and because I felt like I was stuck in my process not knowing where to go and what to change, I decided to follow the advice of my tutor and just try another way to do it. First, I copied to structure into a new page (without background) and saved my original design so in case I would not like the result, nothing would be lost.

Screenshot (170)

Then I created a gradient, I liked a lot, in a darker blue then the one I used before. I still wanted to hold on to the structure of splitting my cycle into four equal parts and also hold on to the original idea of the water being in constant flow. But I thought of another idea of how to use the given space, one that I considered in the very beginning, placing the cycle in the middle by using a circle. So I cut out a circle from my background.

Screenshot (171)

What I had to do next was moving my already created design into the empty space.

Screenshot (172)

I tried to drag it in but it turned out more difficult than I expected, so I had to go a step back, taking care of the quarters first. I experimented a little and ended up really being found of a simple gradient design. It separated all the quarters from each other and used colour supporting the original idea of the flow.

Screenshot (173)Screenshot (174)

Next, I added arrows, another element to support the flow. I drew them using the tracing tool and then, I used the pathfinder tool to connect them to the quarters. The last thing I had to do was redoing the gradient, so the top of the arrow would be back to dark blue. I did that, so the arrow could be seen on the bright background as well as for a nicer look.

Screenshot (175) Screenshot (176) Screenshot (178)

After I had taken care of those basics, I started adding my content piece by piece. It took some time because I had a lot of resizing to do. Also I changed most of the Anker points as well as the colours since they had to fit into my new nicer colour scheme.

Screenshot (177)Screenshot (179)

Advertisements

Experimenting with Raindrops and Trees

Since the raindrops and my new coloured background would not work anymore and I thought they looked a little boring anyway, I added a gradient to all of them just to see how it would look like. I liked the idea of the slight colour change on their journey from the cloud to ground better than I thought and decided to keep it like that after I added a few minimal corrections. I made the upper ones fit the clouds colour and the bottom ones the waters colour.

Screenshot (117)Screenshot (166)

Also, I worked on my trees. I wanted to give them details, like shades and change the colour of each one individually. Also, I wanted to turn the two trees I had into a forest, so I made more duplications.

Screenshot (167) Screenshot (168)