Today, I started the research for my poster project. In our brief, we were given multiple options of what the poster could be about. I took my time to read through them all, considering what I could do for each and every one and which one would be the best for me. In the end, thinking about possible designs and my personal interest, I picked the two that I liked best. In the following, you can see a list of all the options, the ones that I decided to take a closer look at are underlined.
- Where have you been and when?
- What is your social network?
- How many documented meteor impacts have there been?
- Who lives the longest?
- What is the fattest country?
- Where do different genders shop online?
- Who knows each other and how in Star Wars?
- What type of music is the most popular?
- Who has the largest carbon footprint?
- How does the hydrologic cycle (also called the water cycle) work?
The first one, I liked because I thought that I could probably visualize a number of different places, since I have lived in three different countries so far. I thought, it could be nice to design the poster in form of a map, connecting all the places I have lived and the ones, I have visited in two separate ways.
The last one, I liked because I had a very different option of how to go about it. Unlike the first topic, I did not have to stick to a certain structure and I felt, that I could be more creative about it. I could add details like plants, rocks or clouds or I could stick to a simpler design. The other thing that I thought, I could use to my advantage was the form of the cycle as a never ending, ongoing thing.
So even though I liked the first idea as well, I decided to pick the water cycle.